cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call BofA to unsecure my 99/500 CC?

tag
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Should I call BofA to unsecure my 99/500 CC?

The credit card can be unsecured after 9 months, this January would be my 9th statement, however my balance is high, and I have balances on my 3 credit cards (Christmas shopping) Would I get a denial ? should I wait until I have 1-9% utilization?  I don't want to waste an inquiry ... I already have too many...

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Should I call BofA to unsecure my 99/500 CC?

It would not hurt to call. I know they do it automatically. At least they did it for me. Also once they unsecure they will send your deposit and increase your cl to $1000

Message 2 of 5
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Did the pull your credit report? I thought it was a hard pull ...

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

It would not hurt to call. I know they do it automatically. At least they did it for me. Also once they unsecure they will send your deposit and increase your cl to $1000

+1

I started with BoA Visa secured card with $300 limit. after 12 months they unsecured it with a CLI to $1000 and full refund of my $300 deposit. I didn't see any inquiry on any of my 3 CR. I never noticed on the ending statement balance at that time but I was paying in full every month.

Still there is no harm in trying.

Message 4 of 5
mokong
Regular Contributor

i have the same secured credit card from BoA 99/500 last month is the first year, and i called that day if they can graduated my card the lady that i spoke too said no problem,they did a soft pull and they asked me about my other card why i dont use it i told her that i pay it full before the statement due,and she asked me how much credit limit i need,i told her at least 5k and she counter offer me for 3,500cl i said im happy to accept that.yesterday when logged on to my account i chatted with csr if they can convert my platinum visa to BoA  AMEX accelerated rewards she told me that she can and asked me some question and viola i will receive my new card in 2-3 weeks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.