Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call Chase?

tag
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I call Chase?

JUst called the BD number.

I'm now on the phone with Zack. It seems a bit happier. He said he wants to go over the notes left by Dan (who didnt think I was good enough for the CSP).....

Praying while I listen to this god awful hold music....

Message 11 of 28
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:

Well, he said that I have 13 INQ's and 9 new accounts and that even though I've doing a good job rebuilding my history, they can't approve me.

I can't take that as an answer. He didnt even try to help. I'm just worried that I can lose my Chase Slate account if I call back.

Right now I['m a 700 score with EX, and I have 9 new accounts. I told them I'm looking to replace my AMEX card with the CSP.

I wouldn't call Chase inq sensitive so that sounds like BS though for a thin file maybe?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 12 of 28
kobe81
Regular Contributor

I haven't given them a reason. I havent activated the card yet.

Update: Zack just came back on the phone talking about the recent credit I've been seeking and I told him that the offers are really good right now while I'm re-doing my house.

I told him that I'm also tryinjg to move away from AMEX. I also told him I can provide him with any information that hes seeking.

He sounds cool but I dont know if he'll pull the trigger. I hope he does.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think they are spooked by thin files either since I was approved with zero credit history. But based on reading through this site I think my case might have been rare who knows. Thats quite a few new accounts but since it wasnt listed as a denial reason initially I say keep trying. Sounds like you justified the original issue and Dan thought up something new. I'm sure he could see the inqs and new accounts before the deeper look Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 28
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@CallaLilyLover wrote:

I dont think they are spooked by thin files either since I was approved with zero credit history. But based on reading through this site I think my case might have been rare who knows. Thats quite a few new accounts but since it wasnt listed as a denial reason initially I say keep trying. Sounds like you justified the original issue and Dan thought up something new. I'm sure he could see the inqs and new accounts before the deeper look Smiley Frustrated

They generally are spooked by no files and usually wait till you have a full yeard under your belt. Some do get lucky and get in but Chase likes to see 1 year of history first usually

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 15 of 28
mab463
Established Member

I love this play-by-play. I'm rooting for you!!!

Capital One MC - $750 CL
Discover IT - $750 CL

Gardening since 6/18/14
Message 16 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

13 inqs and 9 new accounts definitely makes you look desparate for credit. I hope that your util is single digit...if it is, I would cite that in addition to the "sign up bonuses are great right now" line.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 17 of 28
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Zack just came back on the line and did a full exam on me.

He said the only thing he could do for me is switch the 5,000 on my slate over to the CSP.

I told him ok. He put me on hold...Came back on and told me that a special department handles this and that they have to approve it, but either way I'll have one card with Chase. Either the CS or the CSP. I told him if it's so much trouble then leave it as is. He said either way they are going to take a look at it and repeated the above.

I feel like I really lost the battle here because he almost feels like I'm going to be left with no cards.

What should I do here/ Call back?

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe81 wrote:

Zack just came back on the line and did a full exam on me.

He said the only thing he could do for me is switch the 5,000 on my slate over to the CSP.

I told him ok. He put me on hold...Came back on and told me that a special department handles this and that they have to approve it, but either way I'll have one card with Chase. Either the CS or the CSP. I told him if it's so much trouble then leave it as is. He said either way they are going to take a look at it and repeated the above.

I feel like I really lost the battle here because he almost feels like I'm going to be left with no cards.

What should I do here/ Call back?

I would, dont want a CLD or anything.

Message 19 of 28
kobe81
Regular Contributor

I told them I opened the account do to the 0% financing.

My Cap One Venture Visa Sig isn;t reporting yet which has a limit of 20,000, which would bring down my UTL.

My UTL is like 9%

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.