Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call Chase?

tag
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I call Chase?

I just don't know what to say when calling back.

They'll see that I just called twice in a span of 30 minutes.

I'm just wondering if I call, If I tell them forget the CSP and just leave my account alone or do I call up and pray i get someone whos really understanding..

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be alright then, thats a really low UTIL

But youd be hard pressed to get a CSP. Great card I've heard.

EDIT: Ive called 3 times within an hour, trying to get my initial CLI for my freedom up (for the second time. approved for it once lol silly move by me)

Message 22 of 28
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Jet,

They are basically sitting on my 3 baddies (settlements paid in full) and a few overdrawns with Chase because I left Chase 9 months ago because they wouldnt approve me for a Credit Card.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm it seems like there's quite a few reasons for them to stick to their denial that werent disclosed at the beginning of this thread. In your situation I wouldnt have applied at all. But each of our cases is different so I hope it works out for you

Message 24 of 28
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Now I'm thinking of just calling back and telling them forget it and I'll accept their decision. But if I do that I feel like I fail.

I told them both I really want the 40,000 points.

Going back and forth.

Message 25 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@kobe81 wrote:

Now I'm thinking of just calling back and telling them forget it and I'll accept their decision. But if I do that I feel like I fail.

I told them both I really want the 40,000 points.

Going back and forth.

I suggest that you just ride it out and see what is done. After that, you might be happy that you got the csp, or you may feel like you made a mistake. That is the point at which you can call back, if you choose. I would stop calling back today, and see where they go with it. Relax bro.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 26 of 28
navigatorboy20

If you had to try ten times for the Slate you shouldn't have pushed your luck with this. It's too late now, but I'd just let it go. I doubt they'd close the Slate and decline the other, but I still wouldn't bother.

Message 27 of 28
kobe81
Regular Contributor

Agreed.

I'm done. I'm going to now officially walk away from applying or calling and go to the garden and relax and let my accounts mature.

I hope that Chase keeps the card opened that I fought so hard for.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.