Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call Discover?

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Should I call Discover?

Hi folks,

So I last night I applied for Discover More after seeing a pre-approval. The screen got stuck for quite sometime and eventually hung up. After 15 mins or so I got an email saying They are reviewing my application and will inform me within 30 days. What do you guys suggest me? Should I call them? If yes, whats their recon #?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Should I call Discover?

Two self-serve things you could have done to answer your own questions.  1) Type "Discover 30" in the Community Search field and read what other's have listed after applying to Discover and receiving the 30-day notice.  Compare your stats to theirs (i.e. scores, utilization, AAoA, etc).  2) There's a Sticky titled "Back Door Numbers" that you are scrolling past each time you read or post under Credit Cards in this forum.  Discover's recon number is listed -- check the entire thread for new updates.

Message 2 of 5
lovely222
Regular Contributor

JayRizzo is right. I'm not sure if I shared my experience on these forums so I'll give you a quick rundown. I applied in December with pre-approval. My screen got stuck as well and I got the 30-day message. I called the number from the application status section of the site, I believe. They asked me some questions about income/rent/utilization. I was then approved for $5,500. 

Good luck! Keep us posted.

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 3 of 5
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Hi lovely, JayRizzo,

Thanks for the reply.So I called them and they asked me tons and tons of questions, called my work number and what not. finally she told me to fax her a copy of my latest bank statement, for some reason they are not able to verfiy my address Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Sounds promising! Good luck!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.