Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I cancel my Chase Slate?

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I cancel my Chase Slate?

Gmac, thought I'd chime in. My wife literally just PC'd her Slate card to a Freedom via the Secured Message option on Chase's site on Wednesday. They did this in ONE back and forth message. Thursday the site updated with the Freedom logo and information and today she got her card in the mail. I don't understand why they aren't working with you... Smiley Frustrated

☮ & ❤
Message 21 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@GMac93 wrote:

Just got off the phone with EO. She said the same thing. The account is not eligible. Ive gotten the same answers from the 3 CSR's i've talked to. So i will take it that they do not offer the PC anymore. I did send an email to the EO but i assume i will get the same response in return. So for now, i am stuck with this useless card. Should i apply for the freedom or sapphire and then close my slate?

Chase does PC their cards after 12 months. However, not every account is eligible for a PC. I will guess that when the account was approved, it was set with a hard limit and not upgrade able. Depending on your credit profile at the time of approval, I would surmise that Chase approved the card, as is. 

Message 22 of 30
GMac93
Valued Member

I'm so confused too! My score is much better now than it was when I applied for the Slate. I got a response from the chase site message center and they informed me that they forwarded the issue to the proper dept and I should get a response in 10-14 business days.
Message 23 of 30
GMac93
Valued Member

I emailed chase's EO office and they responded today. I also received a phone call which I couldn't answer as I was at work. But a nice lady from the EO left me a voicemail and said she wanted to talk to me about the particular issue. So fingers crossed. I will be contacting her tomorrow morning to see what the verdict is.
Message 24 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@GMac93 wrote:
I emailed chase's EO office and they responded today. I also received a phone call which I couldn't answer as I was at work. But a nice lady from the EO left me a voicemail and said she wanted to talk to me about the particular issue. So fingers crossed. I will be contacting her tomorrow morning to see what the verdict is.

Good luck. I would also speak with her regarding your credit line, as well. You've already taken the hard pull on your credit to ask for an increase. Speak with the EO contact and ask what it is that you can do to get a managable credit limit. (300 would not be useful for most people.)

Message 25 of 30
GMac93
Valued Member

Congrats on your wife's PC btw!
Message 26 of 30
GMac93
Valued Member

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely ask about that. What would be a reasonable amount to ask for?
Message 27 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Really depends on your life, your needs, your comfortability in asking, your income, and your experience with credit.

Everyone values a hard pull differently. I know if I took a HP for a CLI with Chase and they gave me nothing I would definitely not be happy.

People tend to ask in 500 increments so 500, 1k, 1.5k, 2k -- whatever you feel like fits in with your profile and would be useful for you.

You've also got to think also that if you PC to the Freedom you are giving up on a sign up bonus opportunity that you might take full advantage of later. I don't believe anyone's mentioned that yet.

Message 28 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@GMac93 wrote:
I'm so confused too! My score is much better now than it was when I applied for the Slate. I got a response from the chase site message center and they informed me that they forwarded the issue to the proper dept and I should get a response in 10-14 business days.

Do you mind sharing your credit profile? Current cc's; cls, scores, baddies, etc

Message 29 of 30
Chris679
Established Contributor

@GMac93 wrote:

Just got off the phone with EO. She said the same thing. The account is not eligible. Ive gotten the same answers from the 3 CSR's i've talked to. So i will take it that they do not offer the PC anymore. I did send an email to the EO but i assume i will get the same response in return. So for now, i am stuck with this useless card. Should i apply for the freedom or sapphire and then close my slate?

I was also told multiple times that my Slate account was not eligible for PC by CSRs and supervisors.  Everyone of them said the exact same thing right up until I got a call from the EO saying my new Freedom card was in the mail and I got it the next day.  Don't take no for an answer. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.