Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I cancel my quicksilver one card

tag
sultan33g
Contributor

Should I cancel my quicksilver one card

So I have had my card for about two years now and started at around 300.

I have had tiny increases and when I last asked for an increase from 1300 it gave me a measly 200 increase. When I went to try to do another increase I couldn't ask for anymore because of my recent increase. I went to the eo to ask for an increase that made sense possibly matching my highest tl of 12000. I look today and all I get is another 500.

I just got my Amex at a 6000 cl and a couple of others in that range and I think capital one is just screwing with me like they have for others. I know 2000 is decent but I feel like just canceling this card.

Should I or should I just sock drawer it?

My aaoa right now is at about 4.8 to 5 yrs.
01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I cancel my quicksilver one card

I'd close it.  And if you like CAP 1, go for the Venture as they are giving higher limits on that one. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sultan33g wrote:

I have had tiny increases and when I last asked for an increase from 1300 it gave me a measly 200 increase. When I went to try to do another increase I couldn't ask for anymore because of my recent increase. I went to the eo to ask for an increase that made sense possibly matching my highest tl of 12000. I look today and all I get is another 500.

I just got my Amex at a 6000 cl and a couple of others in that range and I think capital one is just screwing with me like they have for others. I know 2000 is decent but I feel like just canceling this card.

Close it, shred it, have a dog do it's business on it and then send it back to them in one of their mailers.

Message 3 of 8
sultan33g
Contributor

I like how You think Nixon.

Message 4 of 8
sultan33g
Contributor

As of today the account is closed.

See ya Cap one.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on closing the card. It was the right call. You might now be able to apply for the regular QS (which has no annual fee) or the Venture. You'll probably bet better CLs off of a new app. For whatever reason, CapOne really hates giving out CLIs.

Message 6 of 8
sultan33g
Contributor

Ya, I think I am just going to forego any Capital one credit cards and stick to Amex/Discover/Chase/Barclay's.. etc

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sultan33g wrote:

Close it, shred it, have a dog do it's business on it and then send it back to them in one of their mailers.

Hehe, knew this would be here. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.