cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I chance calling to be upgraded to AE visa ?

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Should I chance calling to be upgraded to AE visa ?

As I posted before I have a large number of HPs on my report. No baddies and lower than 15 util.
I currently work at AE , have a 2800 CL and this was my first credit card unless you count BML. Everytime at work I see someone with the AE visa and I just think I want that. I really want it but I'm afraid if I call it'll be the hard pull and if I don't get the visa they'll give me some cheesy credit increase as I have gotten one since the auto CLI in may that also increased my amazon and Paypal. Ugh I'm supposed to be gardening
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I chance calling to be upgraded to AE visa ?

I would say no based upon the number of HPs you have.  But judging from the number of HPs you have, I'm guessing you'll try for it anyway.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 5
colindidit
Established Contributor

Most likely I won't. I'm trying hard to clean up my report thinking in future terms of home loans so I can move into a house after school with my daughter and fiancée
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 5
TheConductor
Established Contributor

I really don't see the benefit of switching to the Visa here.  By AE you mean American Eagle, right?

If so, the only thing you get  by having the Visa version is the ability to use the card in other places. No extra rewards, extra points, or anything.

You already have some Visa and MC cards, and your utilization is low, so you're set for general-purpose credit you can use anywhere. There's no value to you other than the satisfaction of having the "better" card.

I just don't see the point in lusting after this particular card. Not worth a hard pull, in my opinion.

Garden what you've got!

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 4 of 5
colindidit
Established Contributor

Alright thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.