Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I change my mind?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I change my mind?

@KennyRS wrote:
You already have 3 credit lines. you should garden and not obtain more until your score is better and your inquiries age off. If you can increase your deposit with wells fargo. you are far too impatient.

+1

Leave your credit now and garden, let your tradelines age, let your inq age off, get your scores up and your are golden to apply for better cards....just give it time! Rom was also not built in 1 day Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 39
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Two of my denial letters said "lack of accounts paid as agreed". 

I only have 3 active TL's. Maybe I need a 4th?

I would see it rather as "not long enough" ... the number of accounts is fine. I had only 2 cards for years and applied for 7 new cards in 2013 never got the "lack of paid  as agreed" message. Stick with your 3 cards and time will get you where you want but you need to leave it alone and not app constantly !

Message 32 of 39
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:
You already have 3 credit lines. you should garden and not obtain more until your score is better and your inquiries age off. If you can increase your deposit with wells fargo. you are far too impatient.

+1

Leave your credit now and garden, let your tradelines age, let your inq age off, get your scores up and your are golden to apply for better cards....just give it time! Rom was also not built in 1 day Smiley Happy

Rom wasn't but Rome was Smiley Very Happy

Just having some fun buddy! I agree with you 100%. A good portfolio takes time. It is not something to rush into and hurt yourself for a year to get a $300 secured CL. 

Message 33 of 39
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

+1

Just having some fun buddy! I agree with you 100%. A good portfolio takes time. It is not something to rush into and hurt yourself for a year to get a $300 secured CL. 

lol.... that is when a German native speaker tries to write in English Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 39
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

+1

lol.... that is when a German native speaker tries to write in English Smiley Happy

Now I'm reading your posts with an accent in my head.  SMH.   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 35 of 39
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

The HP for the BOA secured is already on my CR.

It's either.

A. Go ahead and mail in the $300 Security deposit, and wait 12 months to graduate for the BOA Secured.

B. App for the FNBO Secured, possible CLI at 6 months, possible chance to get unsecured in 9, suffering another HP.

C. Keep the $300 and use it to pay down balances, but have a wasted BOA hp.

Which should I do?

Go with option A....why? Option B is full of "Possible" not guaranteed. I did that and now I have a great unsecured card at $1700. Add to that yes, it took 12 months to have the card graduate, but every 3 months for the last 9 months I keep getting $300 CLI ( I started out at $300). The secured card  with BofA takes time but is a sure bet as long as you make your payments and don't go wild.

Slow and steady wins the race. Slow down, this is not an instant fix, though you know that and seem very impatient. I suspect more is going on behind the scenes ...but I digress.

Go with the sure bet that will grow with you and is instantly recognized anywhere you would want to use a card.

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 36 of 39
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

It's either.

A. Go ahead and mail in the $300 Security deposit, and wait 12 months to graduate for the BOA Secured.

B. App for the FNBO Secured, possible CLI at 6 months, possible chance to get unsecured in 9, suffering another HP.

C. Keep the $300 and use it to pay down balances, but have a wasted BOA hp.  AND ALSO SPEND $10 EACH OUT OF THAT $300 TO FREEZE ALL YOUR REPORTS

Which should I do?

Ignore my earlier advice, this is better Smiley Happy

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 37 of 39
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 38 of 39
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

It's either.

C. Keep the $300 and use it to pay down balances, but have a wasted BOA hp.

Which should I do?

C. And then C again, and then wait in the garden until INQ's fall off, and do not apply for anything else for AT LEAST 6-12 mos.  If by chance you get extra money AFTER you pay off current cards, then add to your current secured card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.