Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close BOA / FIA Cards?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Should I close BOA / FIA Cards?

I called CSR and asked them to restore the credit limit on my BOA / FIA Cards. CSR said to apply for CLI. I applied online and got message I would hear in 5-7 days. If they do not restore the CL should I just close the cards or should I just stop using them and shred the cards? I am bit disappointed with these CLD's and FR's. I never carry balance and I always do PIF. I  am going to back to good old GREEN stuff we used to buy things.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I close BOA / FIA Cards?

5-7 sounds like a denial. How bad did they cut you Concord? As for closing altogether it really depends on the situation.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd keep them open, pay off your balances, and see what they do.

It won't hurt to keep them open for a while, while the dust settles.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'd keep them open, pay off your balances, and see what they do.

It won't hurt to keep them open for a while, while the dust settles.

hauling is correct, there is a negative sentiment still out their an the dust hasn't settled yet. Just hold on to your Knickers till it settles then see what happens. All will be well.....I HOPESmiley Wink

King

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not alone. Better to toss in the sock drawer than cancel most of the time.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.