Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close my Amex Biz Cards?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Should I close my Amex Biz Cards?

I have Amex Biz Gold with CL of $3k and Plum Card with $500 CL. I also have personal platinum and personal amex delta gold. Should I close the Biz cards?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I close my Amex Biz Cards?

Unless your business has gone out of business, I see no need to close them.  Never, never, never use personal cards for your business.  It needs its own credit history independent of yours.  Business and personal should always be separate.  Your question hints that you're contemplating closing the business cards and using your personal ones instead, which IMO, is a really bad idea.  Is that the case?  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

No, I am not closing the business. I have other business credit cards with no AF. I just dont feel like paying the AF on Amex Biz cards.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

No, I am not closing the business. I have other business credit cards with no AF. I just dont feel like paying the AF on Amex Biz cards.

It's understandable especially in this tough time ~  I don't want to give my hard earned money for any of AF.  So, all of my ccs are No AF!    Smiley Very Happy

Note: Citi tried to charge AF on my Driver's Edge, but they waved it for me.  Then PC'd to ThankYou Card now.  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
android01
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

That makes sense, unless the rewards benefits equal or surpass the AF.  I use the rewards from an Amex Business Platinum to get my employees gift cards for Christmas, which works well for me from a AF cost/benefit perspective.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.