cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close my Care Credit or let the bank close it due to inactivity?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I close my Care Credit or let the bank close it due to inactivity?

@Anonymous wrote:
a lot of times the bank won't close it due to inactivity btw. call and ask but everyone i have called said it needs to be customer initiated.

Synchrony (back when they were still GE) closed my Ikea card due to inactivity.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

store cards are different. 2 years typically on thos
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They doubled my credit line after the first year. So that might help you with credit utilization. I've used it for a surprise surgery, teeth cleanings, and glasses do it has come in handy.

Wow had you actually used the card when they doubled it? If they don't close my card, I''ll use it for my January teeth cleaning. Didn't really think about using it just to keep it open for my last one. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
a lot of times the bank won't close it due to inactivity btw. call and ask but everyone i have called said it needs to be customer initiated.

Synchrony (back when they were still GE) closed my Ikea card due to inactivity.

Yup, I've heard of a few people having this happen before the year is even up. 2011Xterror are you saying this card is treated like a retail card? I know it seems to look like one on my credit report ( not listed as a revolver). 2 years would be great. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh idk if its retail or not honestly.
Message 15 of 18
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

I have two CareCredit accounts (different joint-accounts). Last activity on one is from May 2013, and the other is Mar 2014. FWIW, neither have been closed for inactivity yet.

Message 16 of 18
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Mine was closed after a year because I never used it. However, they did raise the credit limit during that time after I called in to request an increase.
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 17 of 18
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Mine sure came in handy when my cat became ill.  Rushed him to the Er Vet, and you know what that means.  ChaChing just for walking in the door.

$1250 later....I spread it out over 24 months with a 9.99% interest instead of 6 months 0%.  Heck, use it for contacts at the eye dr., prescription vet food, lasik.  Just keep it open.  Use it once in a while and CC will stay open.  Nice increases as well.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.