Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close my orchard?

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

Re: Should I close my orchard?

I'm going to wait to see what the card will eventually become under CapOne before I close mine. I never use it but I did get an CLI to 1K over the summer.

Message 11 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I close my orchard?

I would do everything it takes to get the AF waived and wait for a year or two.  Every year try as hard as you can to get the AF waived and when it converts to Capone, call the exec office and ask the AF to be removed, the interest to be reduced, a CLI, and a PC.  You might end up with a few of these if not all.  Capone removed my AF and gave me a CLI to $2000 from $500.  It took a lot of effort with CSR's to attempt any of this.  They love telling you things like your credit limit is up to date.  If my credit limit were up to date, why doesn't it match my other credit limits from conservative lenders is always my response.  (They love to tell you they are a conservative lender; conservative lenders don't lend to people with damaged or short history is my response to that statement.  I have developed responses to the silly things they say!  Reasonable and valid responses!)

Once you get to a better card with Capone which has no annual fee then sock drawer it and use the cards that you do have which are customer friendly!  Garden for a while so that your AAOA increases and move up to a better card such as Chase. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.