Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close these cards?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I close these cards?

I'm in favor of closing or at least sock drawering those without AFs.  I personally would rather have a few cards that benefit me and work on gardening and growing those than have a bunch of cards that are of no benefit.

My lineup, and this is just because I feel they benefit me the most.

Chase:  Freedom and CSP

Amex:  BCE

Discover It

Comenity:  Lowes, Walmart and Sams.  I like these because of the special financing.  I can buy some big ticket items with 0% financing and carry a balance for a couple of months.

I also have a Barclay NFL, FNBO AMEX, and Citi TY, but I never use them.  They don't have an AF so I just leave them be.

I don't have a bunch of store cards, because they don't benefit me and I don't want to have to keep up with them.

Just my situation, everyone is different.  Good luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 13
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Annual fee close it! Sorry you need my business not the other way around. I am not paying to use ANY card. My good credit works for me, not the other way around.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 12 of 13
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@SLO805 wrote:

thanks guys- how do i close them lol ?

You can call, or you can, in the case of Comenity, send a secured message. (I like the SM method if only for the fact that you have a written record of the request.) 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.