cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I combine 2 Capital One cards?

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Should I combine 2 Capital One cards?

One of mine was a Visa and one was a M/C.  But it hasn't went through yet. Just did it this morning.  But I'll let you know when it's done.  They never mentioned it when I called and combined.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks unknown! Yes, please keep me posted as I am very interested in doing just that.
Message 22 of 29
myfico5378
New Contributor

I just did it a couple of weeks ago.  I saw the new CL on the card that I kept within an hour or so.  It was the following day when I noticed that the balance from the old card had been transferred.  The old card still shows up when I log into my cap one accounts, but it says something about it beeing frozen and to call customer service.
Message 23 of 29
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yes they let me combine a Visa and a M/C.  Started it yesterday and the account I closed is already consolidated with the account I kept.  They combined a 1000 CL with a 1600 CL so now I just have 1 Cap One card with a 2600 CL....Woo Hoo!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cards I combined in Sept were a Visa and MC-
I kept the older MC.

Sylviatob wrote:
Thanks unknown! Yes, please keep me posted as I am very interested in doing just that.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm....ok thanks everybody. I may make another run at them on combining the Visa & the M.C.
Message 26 of 29
need2improve
New Contributor

I would like to combine my Cap1 cards as well.  Can someone provide me with the number they used to get through to them? When I call I can't get a live person on the line, just the automated run around.

Thanks!

Starting Score: 486 TU 3/2/10
Current Score: TU 603 EQ 582
Goal Score: 640

Message 27 of 29
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

800-889-9939
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the number on the back of the cards.

I was able to combine VISA and MC. Asked for CLi, was declined.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.