cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I combine C1 cards and is it time to close US Skypass secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I combine C1 cards and is it time to close US Skypass secured?

I just hit the year mark on my 2nd QS1 card last night and was given an increase to $3,000. My first QS1 hit the year mark in the beginning of March and has a CL of $2,300. I was wondering if I should combine and what affect that might have on my score? My second question is I have a US Skypass secured card that will hit the 2 year mark in June and still hasn't graduated. All little about my profile : AAOA 3.3 years, utilization 1%, scores range from 604-621 depending on site and bureau, currently 2 baddies that I'm in the process of cleaning up $700 & $1400 and 6 new accounts in the past 2 years, 3 that all hit the year mark this month and 3 that are 1-2 months old. I just worry wiping out almost 2 years of perfect payment history with the US will bring my scores down and I'm not in need of the deposit to be returned right now. Any advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I combine C1 cards and is it time to close US Skypass secured?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just hit the year mark on my 2nd QS1 card last night and was given an increase to $3,000. My first QS1 hit the year mark in the beginning of March and has a CL of $2,300. I was wondering if I should combine and what affect that might have on my score? My second question is I have a US Skypass secured card that will hit the 2 year mark in June and still hasn't graduated. All little about my profile : AAOA 3.3 years, utilization 1%, scores range from 604-621 depending on site and bureau, currently 2 baddies that I'm in the process of cleaning up $700 & $1400 and 6 new accounts in the past 2 years, 3 that all hit the year mark this month and 3 that are 1-2 months old. I just worry wiping out almost 2 years of perfect payment history with the US will bring my scores down and I'm not in need of the deposit to be returned right now. Any advice would be appreciated!

This is my 2cents worth so do with it what you will.

The BEST way for you to know is to get on live chat through your Cap1 acct and ask if they have any offers for you. Tell them you'd like to combine the  2 CC's and see if they will. I don't believe scores impact the ability to combine accts with them and it shouldn't affect your score at all. What it will do is give you 1 CC with the combined total CL of the 2. After a few days go back to the pre-qual site and try for the Plat & QS1 again. These will be the newer versions and STEPS qualified. Therefore, you will be able to PC the Plat within a few weeks and get CLI's on both around the 3rd statement and again at the 6mth point. Then you can combine them together and into the older QS for 1 HUGE limit CC.

As for your AAoA, closing older accts in good standing will NOT have any negative effect on this. The accts will stay on your reports for 10yrs and be a part of your overall AAoA.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.