Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I contact CCC about high util?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Should I contact CCC about high util?

This summer had a lot of unforeseen events. As a result, I ran my util up over 80 percent as of now. Now that things are stable, i can significantly lower that over the next few months, including to about 55 percent in sept and under 30 by October. No card would be above 50.

So my question is... What creditors should I be concerned about AA with? I'm really worried about some potential domino effects. I mean I know what I'm doing going forward, and I know this is just short term debt. Some of these cards in going to pay off this fall and mothball, but is like to have a couple for emergencies like the one I had this year. Other than this, I've never had any issues or late payments. I always pat at least three times the minimum. Newest account is about a year old, everything else is at least 2. Still, I can't help but worry. Would I gain anything by calling CCCs and explaining my plan?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I contact CCC about high util?

I would say chase. Maybe someone can chime in on this some more.

Message 2 of 6
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks. To add, I'm more concerned about what potential AA would have on my overall credit profile, esp since I'm targeting mortgage in fall if 2015. While I obviously don't want any AA or CLD, if it happens then it does. As I said, some cards I want to axe anyway.
Message 3 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

I think you will be fine as long as you stop the upward trend. Continued escalating debt will draw flags, but just a couple month issue then aggressive payments should be ok.

Good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Generally very little to be gained by contacting them.   From their viewpoint "I will be paying it down in the next two months" can be said by anyone, including those with no intention of paying it backl  So just pay it down as planned and don't draw attention to it.   If they have concerns, you will find out, and then you can contact them (with perhaps limited success).

Message 5 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

i think it would be okay to call a week or two before making a large payment, but contacting them now actually might do more harm than good...

No need to draw attn to yourself

keep doing what you;re doing and reduce those balance stat. In the mean time, you might actually ask for clis if you can get them with soft pulls. Clis are  a good way to lower your utilizaion, but that's a slippery slope too...

lol best of luck

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.