Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute AU account?

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Should I dispute AU account?

So a few months ago I was added as an AU on my friends account. His account has a CL of $9500. My highest CL is $4000. I was hoping to get approvals with big limits with this setup but he was letting large balances report which increased my utilization from <5% to >15%.

He removed me from his account and my utilization went from 13% down to 2% and my EQ FICO went from 714 to 725. Great!

Now I am trying to decide if I should dispute this account so it gets removed from report altogether. What type of impact should I expect on my overall profile and how creditors view me if they do a manual review of my report?

I am trying to do a small app spree in October. I'm looking to app for Chase Sapphire Preferred, BCE and maybe another card so I want to set myself up as perfectly as possible. My last app/open account was in 4/12 and I have 2 inq  (both from Chase) within the 12 months, and 6 within the last 24 months((2 are from utility and landlord).

give me some good advice guys!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I dispute AU account?

@SwiftTone wrote:

So a few months ago I was added as an AU on my friends account. His account has a CL of $9500. My highest CL is $4000. I was hoping to get approvals with big limits with this setup but he was letting large balances report which increased my utilization from <5% to >15%.

He removed me from his account and my utilization went from 13% down to 2% and my EQ FICO went from 714 to 725. Great!

Now I am trying to decide if I should dispute this account so it gets removed from report altogether. What type of impact should I expect on my overall profile and how creditors view me if they do a manual review of my report?

I am trying to do a small app spree in October. I'm looking to app for Chase Sapphire Preferred, BCE and maybe another card so I want to set myself up as perfectly as possible. My last app/open account was in 4/12 and I have 2 inq  (both from Chase) within the 12 months, and 6 within the last 24 months((2 are from utility and landlord).

give me some good advice guys!

They had a $1500 balance of $9500 and you removed your name?  What was purpose to add it in first place if you didn't want any balance on bit?

Im also not sure what a manual review would have to do with it on your report if it's closed. or open for that matter, I don't think $1500 is a big deal at all.

are you looking to apply for something right now?

Message 2 of 4
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Actually, last month it reported a $2200 balance. But now since I've been removed, the "recent balance" says N/A.

I'm not looking to appy for anything right now but when October comes, I'm gonna do a small app spree. I figure If I should dispute this account, I should do it soon so my report will be updated in October

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I really wouldn't think it would be hurting you especially if showing N/A for balance. Think if anything it would help.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.