Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do 2 apps in a day

tag
dpittsmd1985
New Contributor

Should I do 2 apps in a day

I am wanting to apply for a credit card with a decent limit ( 7K or higher)  My utilization is less than 12% - and have some cards with zero balance.  My lowest FICO is 724 with TU and highest is 760 with Exp.  I would like to get approved for 2 cards, but only want to do 2 apps instead of doing a "shotgun blast" to see who will approve.  I am considering Capitol One Prestige (already have 4 cards with Cap One - all opened when my scores were in the toilet- but they have increased my CLs every other year or so without me asking) and Chase Slate. I am considering both of these because of their low APRs and low introductory rates/balance transfers.

Any suggestions from you experienced folks as to which card would give me the better CL considering what I am looking for as a CL - even if its neither Cap One or Chase....??  Thanks guys:smiley  very-happy:

Starting Score: 5 43 Ex May 2012 EQ May 2012 550
Apr 2013 Score: Apr 2013 TU/ 683 Ex /670 EQ/ 686

Dec 2013 EQ/751 TU/730 EX 762

Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Should I do 2 apps in a day

Slate and Citi simplicity or Citi Diamond IMHO 

You don't need another CAP1 card for sure 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
dpittsmd1985
New Contributor

Thanks!

Starting Score: 5 43 Ex May 2012 EQ May 2012 550
Apr 2013 Score: Apr 2013 TU/ 683 Ex /670 EQ/ 686

Dec 2013 EQ/751 TU/730 EX 762

Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

Slate and Citi simplicity or Citi Diamond IMHO 

You don't need another CAP1 card for sure 

+1

There will be a point on the max that Capital One will be willing or able to extend.

Message 5 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

CSP/BCE/BCP

either 2 of these 3 is what I'd go for. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What do you want the cards for?

Slate is pointless if you don't want to BT.

Capital One Prestige sounds pointless no matter what especially if you have 4 already... contact EO and uprage them to Quicksilver and Venture or something and then you have the card already and better... and CLI.. might get your $7k without even applying.

Message 7 of 12
ptilda
Established Contributor

I would lean toward the upgrade route with C1. They might even save you the HP if you go that route... maybe?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ptilda wrote:

I would lean toward the upgrade route with C1. They might even save you the HP if you go that route... maybe?

yes of course... No HP with cap1 for upgrades and CLI requests but new app (3 hp!)

Message 9 of 12
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Provided that you have some sort of reasonable income, you can get whatever card that you want. Why go after garbage cards? Get a cash + and csp or freedom or all 3, or whatever other prime cards benefit your situation. Then follow the good advice already given and pc your cap1 cards into QS and venture cards. Get cards that will be able to do something for you.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.