Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do a CLI?

tag
BirchBarlow
Contributor

Re: Should I do a CLI?

I'm going to be the contrarian here and suggest you use the opportunity to diversify.  You have four cards with only two issuers, why not  first combine the two WF credit lines?  Since you're under 5/24 and you have good scores, you have reasonably good chance of getting in with Chase, and if not then Discover.  They're both fairly generous with SL, at least more so than Wells Fargo and AMEX.

Message 11 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

How about doing the 3x CLI on the Amex ... letting the new CL report then diversifying.....

Win Win

=)

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youre the second person thats brought that up. Yet I dont really use my credit cards often. I use my charge card for everything. And I would hate to have another card in my wallet that I wont really use. I've considered a PLOC with either Partners FCU or WF. I find it more convient to have everything in one spot. 

Message 13 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

But also if WF plays games or has issues you want a backup plan.. You seem to have 3 cards but two are the same bank... You want the ability to walk away
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like OP is a dedicated Mr points earner. I would see if I could get the Wells Fargo accounts combined, go for CLI on ED, and do some light cashback bonus hunting with solid banks us bank chase fbno etc.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the increase guys! Called today and they gave me the good news! 1500 CLI to 4500!!! 

Message 16 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the increase guys! Called today and they gave me the good news! 1500 CLI to 4500!!! 

Congrats!!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.