Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I do a CLI?

In my wallet currectly I have

Wells Fargo 1500

Wells Fargo 1200

AMEX EDC 1500

Amex Platinum NPSL 

I have at the moment only 15% utilization I use my Platinum card for everything then just place small monthy payments on each card to show activity. Yet after reading some of the post on here I'm worried that theses low limits are potentially bad... Should I be asking for CLI? I never asked for an increase before becasue of the Platinum card... 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I do a CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

In my wallet currectly I have

Wells Fargo 1500

Wells Fargo 1200

AMEX EDC 1500

Amex Platinum NPSL 

I have at the moment only 15% utilization I use my Platinum card for everything then just place small monthy payments on each card to show activity. Yet after reading some of the post on here I'm worried that theses low limits are potentially bad... Should I be asking for CLI? I never asked for an increase before becasue of the Platinum card... 

If you can, get that UTL under 10% and I don't see a reaosn not to go for the CLI. What are your scores? Any derogs on the accounts? The biggest issue with lower limits is if you carry a balance and it skyrockets your utilization. Plus, the more you grow current limits the better chance at higher limits with Visa Siggy or comparable cards. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the cards? I don't know about WF, but you are eligible to app for a SP CLI with Amex after 60 days/

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No negatives at all. my fico 8 scores are EQ 738, TU 746, EXP 749. Yet I have a young credit history, oldest account is 3 years.

Message 4 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Id go for the 3x CLI on the EDC.. iv youve had the card long enough,  with scores like that you should take the padding... =)

Message 5 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Id go for the 3x CLI on the EDC.. iv youve had the card long enough,  with scores like that you should take the padding... =)

+1

Definitely go for the Amex CLI. You have the scores and there is a good chance of you getting that 3X

Message 6 of 17
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Dude, pull the trigger. Amex ED for sure. I've heard stories that Wells is a bit stingy with CLI, however your scores and AAoA is solid enough to get almost any door opened with a pretty nice red carpet SL.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright! I'm gonna go for it!! 

Message 8 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

Ask Amex $4500, if they approve then in 6 months ask for $13,500 or whatever is 3X at that time (they may auto-CLI)

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you,,,Let us know the results sg15!

All the best!!

Smiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.