Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do a Chase Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I do a Chase Recon?

Chase denied me for freedom card cause I have a charge off with them from May of 2005 they said. It's true and paid for back in May of 2005 and that's the reason they denied me. Would a recon help me on this or should I wait till it clears off my credit report? Plus even if it clears of my credit report wouldn't Chase still have records of this charged off account?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Should I do a Chase Recon?

So you paid it or no ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I paid for it right away when it got charged off in May of 2005.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The amount was $5300 if that matters at all.
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think it'll hurt to try. I don't think there's anything to lose other than a dew few minutes of time.

Message 5 of 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

+1

They are pretty nice to talk to IMO.  I have never personally done a recon with them, but they are generally pretty nice on the phone.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 6 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I did a recon with them and it worked.  They said I, supposedly (I have no memory of this though), had a "bad" account with them in my past that is no longer on my reports and that's why they declined me.  After the recon, they gave me a Freedom for $5k.  I say go for it!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Wow heck yeah! thats great do a recon!!!

Gratz to you! Smiley Very Happy 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 8 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

I tried a recon and was decline in a very nice manner..I rather

they be rude and approve !

I pointed out that I had a mortgage with them..never late ..they still weren't biting !

LOL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.