cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I even bother trying for a recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I even bother trying for a recon?

So I applied for the Chase Freedom Card today and got the 10 day message. I called a backdoor number and she told me no because of a delinquent record (A $90 NYSEG payment I forgot about last year in college), a short credit history (only 6 months with Discover It) and multiple inquiries. My FICO score is around a 640. Should i even bother calling them again tomorrow for another recon? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TheFate
Established Contributor

Re: Should I even bother trying for a recon?

I wouldn't, you'll get the same answer. Time to garden

Message 2 of 6
awiser
Regular Contributor

I've read more than one thread on here where people try repeatedly until they get an approval - by trying the "even $500 CL to get my foot in the door and prove myself" song and dance. You can try that, but I wouldn't. If I were you, I'd read other threads to see what your options are to getting that negative removed from your reports, and as said above, garden.

Message 3 of 6
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Short credit history with multiple inquiries is going to hurt you even without the deliniquent.  I would garden for at least 6 months and then try again.

Message 4 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Chase tends to favor at least 12 months hostory, but with a fairly recent negative I don't think you'll get approved.

Message 5 of 6
MT936
Established Contributor

your score should qualify you for the freedom, if you are getting declined I would just garden for a couple months before I retry

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.