Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I expect to be rebucketed??

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I expect to be rebucketed??

No, those two accounts will report until November of this year, 7yrs. from DOFD.  Its says so on my reports I got back from the CRA's when I disupted them.  I'm reading that my score would either go up or down when rebucketed.  It's crazy, when the derogs are deleted my scores could go up dramatically [over 50pts] but then FICO could immediately rebucket me and send my scores back down to the 600's?  That will surely send me into a state of depression because I am looking forward to getting some really nice cc's and trashing my HSBC's and Cap1. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 11 of 28
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Lynette, I've decided to just leave it be.  Either way, both CRA's will report this account [recent late or not] until November so I think its best not to stir-up anymore trouble with the OC and let the accounts age off.  It'll be just my luck that when the dispute is sent in, they'll report a recent late as of 2009 this time, causing my EQ score to drop 30pts. again.  Thanks for the advice though, I probably would continue to dispute them if I weren't so close to deletion...I CAN TASTE THE FREEDOM!!!

Message 12 of 28
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Kiwill wrote:
No, those two accounts will report until November of this year, 7yrs. from DOFD.  Its says so on my reports I got back from the CRA's when I disupted them.  I'm reading that my score would either go up or down when rebucketed.  It's crazy, when the derogs are deleted my scores could go up dramatically [over 50pts] but then FICO could immediately rebucket me and send my scores back down to the 600's?  That will surely send me into a state of depression because I am looking forward to getting some really nice cc's and trashing my HSBC's and Cap1. 

Ok....someone has you really worked up here!!  If those2 are your ONLY derogs, your rebucket could likely not drop you any points at all.

When you go to the next bucket, you're going to be compared to others in your bucket.  Your accts could likely look better than theirs.  They could be older, you may have a better mix, etc.  It's very likely that the only reason that you & they are in the same bucket is because you all have ZERO baddies.

Don't automatically think you're going to drop to 600.  Losing ALL baddies is only going to benefit you.  Be happy & look forward to the bump!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 28
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks BungalowMo!!  I am going to have to stay from this board a while because the closer I get the more I over analyze things and drive myself crazy with anticipation.  I never thought i'd see the day where I want to bypass Spring & Summer and head straight for another winter in Illinois, LOL!  This will be the most perfect Christmas Present for me EVER!!! I'll take your advise Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 28
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Having major derog's (baddies) is almost always going to result in a score improvement - even if they're well aged. Just remain optimistic and wait until they fall off.

As for incorrectly reported information you might have to send the reporting entity a strongly worded letter (up to and including ITS) to get any action. Otherwise you'll wait. Entities that report incorrect information also tend to reage so watch out and keep copies of all your old CBR's!

Message 15 of 28
DI
Super Contributor

Where can I read about being rebucket?  I don't believe in it. 
Message 16 of 28
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
Where can I read about being rebucket?  I don't believe in it. 

You may not believe in bucketing but it does exist.

You can't read about it because the exact details (other that the fact the positive and negative scoring buckets do exist) are a FICO trade secret.

Message 17 of 28
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Bah! I'm getting frustrated, ten threads in and I still can't understand this bucketing thing.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilding101 wrote:

Bah! I'm getting frustrated, ten threads in and I still can't understand this bucketing thing.

I had a collection fall off my EQ reports a few weeks ago my score jumped 60 points.

Message 19 of 28
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Wow! One of my collections is on my sisters report because I had her as an AU so hopefully that will happen for her too.  I have about four collections to fall off in a few years, so I'll wait a whiles before I see those jumps.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.