Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a 3rd Credit Card?

tag
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Should I get a 3rd Credit Card?

Walmart store card can be upgraded to the walmart discover. It's easy to get the store card so it is an easy way to start out. I think you are in good enough shape to not mess around with cards with poor terms. You have enough positive trade lines already, go for cards that you can be useful,
Message 11 of 13
mintons
Established Member

@Chris679 wrote:
Walmart store card can be upgraded to the walmart discover. It's easy to get the store card so it is an easy way to start out. I think you are in good enough shape to not mess around with cards with poor terms. You have enough positive trade lines already, go for cards that you can be useful,

Ok, I did not know that Walmart had a discover card.  So they have two cards on their website, the basic Walmart card, and then the Walmart Discover card.  Are you saying to apply for the basic walmart card, and then you can upgrade it later on to the walmart discover card?  What is the method to upgrade? do you have to make so many payments in time or something?

Or should I just apply for the walmart discover card?

Thanks for your input!

Message 12 of 13
fot1
Established Contributor

So for me now the questions are how old are your credit cards? Any Inquireis still factoring?  And what time range you looking at buying a house?. i don't see adding  a new card helping with scores.. Your ULT is good so won't help that.. You already have a good mix, and then you will take a hit for inquiry (unless you go a secured card) and then another with AAoA. Having a BK and the acounts listed your score of 650 is pretty good and not sure how much higher it can go..

Too many to list..
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.