cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a new card or garden for a year or so?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I get a new card or garden for a year or so?

@enharu wrote:
Discover provides TU fico. I'm not sure which formula they use though.

TU '08 classic/base/whateveryouwanttocallit reportedly.

        
Message 11 of 14
MMB85
Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Discover provides TU fico. I'm not sure which formula they use though.

Well, FICO is FICO right? This isn't FAKO. They get the credit score directly from a credit bureau, which in this case is TU. So then wouldn't the TU score from that be the same TU score from this site if we were to purchase it? It is TU that does the formula and MyFico and Discover are just extracting that score from them and giving it to us, right?

Message 12 of 14
MMB85
Contributor

Never mind, I found a post on here dated in 2012 of a guy stating that MyFico uses '98 model and TU is using the new '08 model and that he received scores from both at the same time and the '08 model giving him 46 more points than the '98 model from MyFico. 

has there been any update since then or does MyFico still use '98 model? Why don't they use what the Credit Beureaus use?

Message 13 of 14
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@MMB85 wrote:

Never mind, I found a post on here dated in 2012 of a guy stating that MyFico uses '98 model and TU is using the new '08 model and that he received scores from both at the same time and the '08 model giving him 46 more points than the '98 model from MyFico. 

has there been any update since then or does MyFico still use '98 model? Why don't they use what the Credit Beureaus use?

There are actually a good number of different credit scores, depending on the algorithm and who decides to pull the credit report (and which bureau, to boot).

Think of it this way: the credit bureau doesn't really "spit" out a score. A lender pulls the report, which gets sent through a particular algorithm, and voila! Credit score! So Chase may have one algorithm they use, while Citi uses another. Some of them are FICOs, while others are in-house scoring systems.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.