Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a new card?

tag
Artyom87

Re: Should I get a new card?

Thanks!

So, I got an offer from Discover... for the Discover IT card, which I would love to have.
Citi pulled my Equifax score and from what I've read Discover will pull my Transunion.

I'm wondering if I should apply or if this would be too many applications in such a short time.

This would be Amex last month, Citi and Discover this month.

FICO: 699 03/24/2013
TU Plus: 719 09/10/13
Goal: 800
Wallet: Cap1 CR: $500, Amex Gold Delta: $2,000, Citi DP: $3,000, Discover IT: $1,700
AU: Cap1: $200, Barclaycard: $500
Message 11 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discover pulls EQ and TU. deciding to app for Discover would depend on if it fits your need.
Message 12 of 14
missjae
Established Contributor

@Artyom87 wrote:

Thanks!

So, I got an offer from Discover... for the Discover IT card, which I would love to have.
Citi pulled my Equifax score and from what I've read Discover will pull my Transunion.

I'm wondering if I should apply or if this would be too many applications in such a short time.

This would be Amex last month, Citi and Discover this month.

I wouldn't think 3 inquiries would be too many.  I've seen people app for way more stuff in the same amount of time and I have myself as well.  But, your AAoA is already low.  If you want to app for it, do it before the Amex hits and lowers your AAoA some more.  Then, the new accts and inquiries can age at the same time.

If you start getting denials, then it's a sign to stop....you haven't gotten there though and that's a good thing.

Message 13 of 14
Artyom87

Well, I applied and got a message to either wait a week or call. So I called and they changed the original terms in the offer, but approved me at $1,700!

FICO: 699 03/24/2013
TU Plus: 719 09/10/13
Goal: 800
Wallet: Cap1 CR: $500, Amex Gold Delta: $2,000, Citi DP: $3,000, Discover IT: $1,700
AU: Cap1: $200, Barclaycard: $500
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.