Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get an AMEX??

tag
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I get an AMEX??

Well, I went ahead and applied. Figured I might as well try now. I got a message to call a 1800 number for an instand decision (not open right now). Does that mean I was denied?? What will they ask?  

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 11 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

@cmthomas06 wrote:

Well, I went ahead and applied. Figured I might as well try now. I got a message to call a 1800 number for an instand decision (not open right now). Does that mean I was denied?? What will they ask?  

Sounds like idendity/address verification.

Call tomorrow morning, and once you've satisfied their ID review (they'll offer to call your bank with you on the line to verify who you are), you'll have an instant approval.

Congrats!

Message 12 of 22
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!! Lets just hope its good news LOL Ill update ASAP Smiley Happy

Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 13 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@cmthomas06 wrote:

Thanks!!! Lets just hope its good news LOL Ill update ASAP Smiley Happy

Which card did you app for?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 22
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Sounds like Identification verification. I went through that when I got zync. Its real easy and the csr will be able to tell you what limit you were approved for
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 22
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

I just went for the Zync. I was nervous about not getting approved for the Blue card and thought I would have the best shot of getting Zync. Im just going to use it like my debit card from now on. I called in twice... but "all circuits are busy." Ill try again in a few minutes

Message 16 of 22
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

Just got off the phone and I was Approved!!!! Smiley Very Happy I didnt ask for the CL because I could hardly understand the CSR... guess Ill just find out in 7-10 days. 

Message 17 of 22
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Amex is pretty fast about getting cards out to the customers... I bet you'll have it this week...

And CONGRATS!!!!  Welcome to the Amex family!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 22
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@cmthomas06 wrote:

Just got off the phone and I was Approved!!!! Smiley Very Happy I didnt ask for the CL because I could hardly understand the CSR... guess Ill just find out in 7-10 days. 

Congrats. Remember there is no cl with Amex charge card. Marginal approvals might get hard limit but most are npsl. Sounds like you have npsl. As FYI, wait till zync is up and couple of months and app for Amex revolver then. As Amex customer, soft pull for rejection and hard for approval.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 19 of 22
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for the great information and support! If you dont mind, what does npsl stand for (no preset spending limit??)  I get lost with the lingo sometimes haha

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.