Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get another card

tag
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Should I get another card

Currently I have a secured Merrick card with a 250 limit it was all I could out down at that time back in november. In December I got a credit one unsecured card with a 300 limit. Should i try for a Bank of America card or maybe US bank secured card since they graduate to unsecured. Or maybe a Cap1 secured not sure though since I just paid off a Card that is a legal item on my reports that was through them.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I get another card

@twall06 wrote:

Currently I have a secured Merrick card with a 250 limit it was all I could out down at that time back in november. In December I got a credit one unsecured card with a 300 limit. Should i try for a Bank of America card or maybe US bank secured card since they graduate to unsecured. Or maybe a Cap1 secured not sure though since I just paid off a Card that is a legal item on my reports that was through them.

Hello twall06!  Welcome to the forums!

It might help if we had a little more info on your credit situation.  Info like:  baddies and how many recent inqs and deniials, ect...   I wouldn't app anything just yet till we get a better idea of where you are credit wise.  2 CCs to start rebuilding is a pretty good start.  Thanks!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

^^^yes what @improvingmycredit said give us more info and it wil be more easy to determine, although with your curent cards you can get into pretty good cards once they mature and you show good history.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

My suggestion is do not get any more credit for one year to allow the current accounts to get a history. You have already reduced your score with the inquiries, they need to age off.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 6
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

+1 to bettercredit. Please Garden for a while. If you need inspiration check out the Garden Club thread. Also, let us know what type of baddies you have and how old they are. That way we can let you know how long we think you should Garden. If your baddies are recent, you may need to Garden for up to a year. But if they are old, you might be able to apply for new cards in 4-9 months.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 6
twall06
Frequent Contributor

I have quite a few baddies I had three charge offs and a legal item from capital it is all paid off now and got a lot of it off my report . In a few months all the negatives should be off . Not sure what to do about the legal thing I paid it off already . I went ahead and applied for a cap 1 even with the judgement I got approved. Now I'm going to garden . My goal is to get a house next year . I don't carry balances and most of the time my utilization is under 10%
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.