cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I give Target Red Card w/$200 CL the boot?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I give Target Red Card w/$200 CL the boot?

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ,

Close that sucker of a card.  If it is a 5% you want, you can get the target prepaid card and use that in their store.  it gives you an automatic 5% off everytime you buy something and are ready to check out.

good way to get that 5% still! yup!

Message 11 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ,

Close that sucker of a card.  If it is a 5% you want, you can get the target prepaid card and use that in their store.  it gives you an automatic 5% off everytime you buy something and are ready to check out.

I don't buy enough from them that the 5% off doesn'tt amount to enough to be a consideration, the 5%+ free shipping w/no min purchase online is nice but yeah, I can get that with the Target debit card linked to my checking account.

I've kept it because it helps my AAoA, but what I didn't make clear in my OP is I'm thinking the toy store CL hurts by bringing down my avg CL. I've been going through the "Ask A Back Office CC Company Employee ANYTHING" thread and the OP says:

"Our system pulls a copy of your CR, and it follows strict underwriting criteria on how much credit to give you. We calculate your avg credit line and highest credit line, and we try to give you as high as possible, but it's determined by your current utilization rate and stuff."

That's what I was thinking. My avg CL including Target is just over $4k. Without Target's toy store CL, my avg CL goes up to $4,733, and I'm about due for some auto CLI from Barclays & Walmart, so .I could probably get my avg CL up over $5k if I get rid of Target. And my utilization is under 5%, so I'm good there. 

EDIT: (So as to not bump) I was thinking I'd call them tommorrow and tell them raise the CL to $2k or close it, but that might result in a HP which I don't want to waste on this POS, so I'll just call them & tell them to close it.

Message 12 of 14
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Yes, give it the 86. The 5% off, is not worth their stingy Cl's/

Message 13 of 14
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.