Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I give it up?

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: Should I give it up?

Lisen guys, I would never have apped if they pulled EQ. 90% of the time, they pull TU. They did for my Secured too. I have a method to reduce INQ's on TU that is frowned upon here (but accepted elsewhere).

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 21 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I just discover  6 days ago. They pulled on me. Equifax. I think it depends on where you are. I google before I applied. They said eq most of time. I have dispute with experian. So csr said after I called. Mostly eq and ex. Sometimes tu. I pulled trigger on phone.  Approved 2500. But it's a start. Only 8 inq. Which is a lot. But out of 8. All was approved. 

Message 22 of 30
fot1
Established Contributor

I say app to amex, chase, barclays and discover  each and every week untill they all approve you..

Too many to list..
Message 23 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I want to know your method. Always willing to learn. 

Message 24 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let me step in to say this, although OP has been told several times to stop apping and chooses not to; it would be advised to remember the old saying, 'if you have nothing positive to say, say nothing at all.'

As to the method that OP is alluding to remove inq's, it causes more harm than good ie split files.  

Message 25 of 30
keithB
Established Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Lisen guys, I would never have apped if they pulled EQ. 90% of the time, they pull TU. They did for my Secured too. I have a method to reduce INQ's on TU that is frowned upon here (but accepted elsewhere).

There are some radical ways to help "remove" hard inquiries from your credit report but those types of actions aren't allowed to be talked about on this forum.  But good luck.

Message 26 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

Will I looked up split files as mod mentioned. 

It only talked about soft pull. 

Op has a plan I guess. 

1. You file is too large because you have generated a lot of credit activity.

2. You have been using a credit monitoring service and you have generated too many soft inquiries and as a result it split the credit file. All you have to do is call the Credit Reporting Agency affected and point out your suspicion that the file may be split. They will remove the soft inquiries usually to make the file fit back together. Knowing how these problems happen will save you a lot of headaches if you can catch them early and fix them before you find out too late after applying for new credit.

Message 27 of 30
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

The method I mention will usually never work with EQ, and never ever with EX. TU split files very...very...very rarely occur. 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 28 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@taxi818 wrote:

Will I looked up split files as mod mentioned. 

It only talked about soft pull. 

Op has a plan I guess. 

1. You file is too large because you have generated a lot of credit activity.

2. You have been using a credit monitoring service and you have generated too many soft inquiries and as a result it split the credit file. All you have to do is call the Credit Reporting Agency affected and point out your suspicion that the file may be split. They will remove the soft inquiries usually to make the file fit back together. Knowing how these problems happen will save you a lot of headaches if you can catch them early and fix them before you find out too late after applying for new credit.

The methods cannot be discussed on myFICO.  

As to the OPs topic, no need to give up but you do need to take a break from this site, apping, etc

Message 29 of 30
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

The method I mention will usually never work with EQ, and never ever with EX. TU split files very...very...very rarely occur. 

OP I would caution against thinking you can "outsmart" the system.  The bank and credit agencies hire top mathematicians and statisticians from Harvard and MIT who LIVE to sniff out anyone trying to game the system and squash them.  No really... it's true.  But maybe you have figured out a way to outsmart them, and if so I salute you!  But $200 Fingerhut CLs may be a indication your system may be flawed.

Just saying...

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.