Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for a Barclay Card?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Should I go for a Barclay Card?

I just got a 3k chase freedom and a $600 boa rewards. Should I go for a barclay card? and if so which one? I'm not going too until you guys say something..Doesnt barclays pull a different report etc? Thats why I'm asking. Thanks

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I go for a Barclay Card?

@xgac12x wrote:

I just got a 3k chase freedom and a $600 boa rewards. Should I go for a barclay card? and if so which one? I'm not going too until you guys say something..Doesnt barclays pull a different report etc? Thats why I'm asking. Thanks

More than likely you would get a low limit.  I'd say wait for a bit (6 months to a year) before you apply.

Message 2 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@xgac12x wrote:

How many new accounts in the last 12 months?  What is your AAoA?  What is your FICO score?  What are you looking for in a card?  Barclays is 99% TU puller.

Message 3 of 15
Beane
Regular Contributor

Barclays pulled TU for me.  I recently go the Barclay rewards card and if you apply through the creditkarma link and have excellent credit you can probably still get the 24mo 0% promo.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 4 of 15
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Here is a lot of that info in my post about the chase freedom (which i got)

Message 5 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

All we can give you is our best advice, but certainly don't go app'ing for something because someone told you to do so here.  Think about what's important to you (rewards, low APR, starting limit, etc...) and make an educated decision.  Before I app for anything, I scour all of the resources available to me including other credit sites (google is your friend).

My honest $0.02:  I don't care for Barclays, they have a shady history and they don't seem interested in extending credit, but they do have some good credit card options if you can get them.  They are not known to give you a higher starting limit than anything currently reporting on your credit report (so I would expect something around $1k IF they approve you), but as always YMMV.  I agree with thelethargicage that you have a much better shot of approval and a decent limit if you show good usage on that new Freedom for 6-12 months.

Message 6 of 15
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

If you're into rewards, go for the Sallie Mae World MasterCard. It should have a lower approval threshold being that its targeted at students.

https://www.salliemae.com/landing/WorldCreditCard/

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 7 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wow!!!! 24 mos 0%! Holy hell! Lol
Heh. I have no balances to BT. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 15
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Yeah I'm going to wait. Probably wont get a Barclays, probably wait and get an AMEX in 6-12 months. I use my chase heavily and pif before the statement cut. So maybe Ill get some love from Chase..? Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
xgac12x
Established Contributor

How is Chase with CLI?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.