Valued Contributor
Themanwhocan

Re: Should I go for a Barclay Card?

[ Edited ]

I say when you do decide to apply, apply for 5% or better cash back. Why settle for less?

I do really like the Sallie Mae. The Book Store category for most Amazon.com purchases fits my spending pattern very well, plus of course Groceries and Gas Stations are nice too. But you need to decide what spending categories are most important to you, and then decide what cards to target.

http://boardingarea.com/frequentmiler/2012/11/09/best-category-bonuses/

Frequent Contributor
xgac12x

So I went for it and got a $2,400 Limit :smileyhappy:

Chase Freedom 7.5k | Fidelity AMEX 5k | Sallie Mae World MC 2.4k | Discover 3.5k | Quicksilver 1k | Best Buy .6k | Kohl's .3k
Senior Contributor
B335is

Congrats!!

Valued Contributor
FinStar

xgac12x wrote:

So I went for it and got a $2,400 Limit :smileyhappy:

Check your card when you receive it (or whenever you create your online profile).  IIRC, if approved for less than $5K, then a Platinum version is issued and not World.   $5K CL (or above) is usually the standard criteria for their Visa Signature or World versions.

Frequent Contributor
xgac12x

Yeah its a platinum

Chase Freedom 7.5k | Fidelity AMEX 5k | Sallie Mae World MC 2.4k | Discover 3.5k | Quicksilver 1k | Best Buy .6k | Kohl's .3k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+