Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for one more?

tag
MyForumName
Established Member

Should I go for one more?

I just received my Chase Freedom ($4000) today and my Citi Thank You Preferred ($5900) on Monday. Until last week, I hadn't apped for anything since September of 2010 and that was just a car loan. I ordered the Chase and Citi to have better rewards cards than the cards that I've had for years. I plan to SD my BB&T Visa Signature and my Cap One Platinum and only use them once and a while.

I am not app happy. I already have my AMEX PR Gold, so the only other cards I want are a Discover More, that I plan on apping in a few months and a Chase Sapphire Preferred that I will likely wait until I have a year with the Freedom under my belt. However, I really want the Walmart Discover for the free FICO. Should I go ahead an pull the trigger on the Walmart now or wait? I'm mostly worried that Chase or Citi might SP me and see that I applied for three cards in a week and that they might close my account reduce my CL. I don't even know if they do that. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Should I go for one more?

Congrats on the new cards! $4000 starting limit for the Freedom, so I'm guessing your scores is really decent. If it were me, I would app for the Walmart, just to get it out of the way. Don't worry about getting adverse action just because you app for a couple of cards (only Barclays is infamous for that). Be advised that you may or may not end up with the Discover version.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I go for one more?

@Guava wrote:

Congrats on the new cards! $4000 starting limit for the Freedom, so I'm guessing your scores is really decent. If it were me, I would app for the Walmart, just to get it out of the way. Don't worry about getting adverse action just because you app for a couple of cards (only Barclays is infamous for that). Be advised that you may or may not end up with the Discover version.

+1

Doesn't sound like you have enough INQ's to worry about.   Chase probably won't blink at a new GE Walmart account and Citi only would have been concerned if it was before you applied with them.  3 or 4 INQ's even on 1 CR is really not a big deal, spread across all 3 CRs, 4 INQs is very low.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.