Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I have App'd for DS It?

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Should I have App'd for DS It?

A couple days ago I applied for Sallie Mae & Walmart card at almost the same time. They both pull TU. Should I have done it at the same time also? I know it will be another HP on TU? I'm considering waiting to app for this anyway I'm just not real sure.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I have App'd for DS It?

@MoreRewards wrote:
A couple days ago I applied for Sallie Mae & Walmart card at almost the same time. They both pull TU. Should I have done it at the same time also? I know it will be another HP on TU? I'm considering waiting to app for this anyway I'm just not real sure.

Did you get approved for both of them?

Have you checked the pre-qual offer on Discover to see if they say you are pre-approved?

Message 2 of 15
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I was approved for both.
I'm not pre approved it has IT as a recommended offer
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if you want it I would go for it...

Message 4 of 15
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I'm thinking I will then forced myself to stay in the garden more than 3 months. It will make 7 inquiries this year. Will it negatively impact my home loan approval rates/terms?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
I'm thinking I will then forced myself to stay in the garden more than 3 months. It will make 7 inquiries this year. Will it negatively impact my home loan approval rates/terms?

when are you trying for home loan?

Message 6 of 15
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

It won't be until around April.
I did get pre qualified in June of this year (which is what one of the HPs is from) but had to still finish things in the divorce (mediation, ect) so it wasn't set for trial in July like I thought & attorney planned.
I will have to redo the process.

EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

as long as it's been 6 months since you have applied for things....

but you probably don't need the discover for scoring so it's just how bad you want it.

Message 8 of 15
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Ok since thIs is Oct & it Won't be till Apri (6 months) so I should be good. I won't app for anything else.

Since I didn't app same day I might wait till I get ny wal mart card still waiting on the mail. But that way I can see my TU score before I apply for IT. And if I don't go for it now I Will wait until the summer probably.

Thanks for your replies.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 9 of 15
masupo
Established Member

I was recently approved for Discover It and they pulled EQ, not TU. I know a lot of CC companies pull different CRA's in different regions but just wanted you to be aware they may not pull TU. I'm in NJ.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.