Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I hit the Amex CLI button?

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Should I hit the Amex CLI button?

Blue Cash Everyday is over a year old now and when I hit the button after my first 6 months they increased me to 6k. I have one app in the last 6 months for. Chase card and my total util is around 30% due to a recent vacation. No lates, no overs, amex balance is about $600.

Hit the love button or no?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I hit the Amex CLI button?

Message 2 of 9
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Go for it, ask for $18k!

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Hit the love button

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I see no reason not to. They have 12 months of your history to look at, which is likely more important than current circumstances (which aren't too terrible).

We can play a little game theory with it and ask what are the likely results...

Denial - Wait 90 days
Approve for full amount - Smiley Happy
Approve, but countered - Smiley Happy and get more in 6 months

Or you can wait for balances to update (might take up to 30 days). And the potential results stay the same, except you are 30 days farther away from your next attempt.

So, you see, there's a cost to attempting now, and there's a cost to waiting. It depends on which cost you are most willing to pay. I intend to continue applying on the first day I am eligible, and hope that the entirety of my account history matters.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 9
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

I hit it. They gave me 7,300. That's fine I really didn't need a huge CLI but 8 or 10k would have made me happier.
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Not bad, any sp cli is golden.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.