Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I hit the luv button?

tag
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Should I hit the luv button?

I was approved for the AMEX Delta Gold card with a CL of $1K 9/12/07.  I converted to Blue Cash which took effect 10/3.  I called AMEX to determine which date I would be eligible for a CLI and was 10/12 (today). 

Should I go for a CLI?  I was going to go for $5K.  My only hesitation is that I'm applying for a home mortgage  next month and don't want a hard pull for the CLI?  Would it be a hard or soft pull?  Would a soft pull hurt me enough that I should wait on a CLI until after loan approval?
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I hit the luv button?

I wouldn't if I were you. Get a 6 or so months of history behind you first. Whit that EX FICO I'd think your approval for the Delta was likely borderline, asking for a CLI now could very well result in an F/R.
Message 2 of 12
IndustrialEngineer88
Established Member

yeah i would wait longer because that card is on the easier side to get from amex and for them to give you 1000 CL then it should of been borderline approval so i would wait, but yeah amex doesnt do hard pulls at least not for my amex blue .
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait too.  AMEX did a hard pull on my new cards.  I did not see a hard pull for credit line increases. I do see soft pulls every month.  I hear this is common for them.

I applied and approved for the Blue and Opt. Platim within days of each other. CL $10K on each. 

Best of luck on your house

Nicole

Message 4 of 12
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Ok, I'll wait.  I don't really need the CLI for utilization purposes or anything, all of my balances are within 1-9%, I guess I was just looking for a higher reporting CL. 

I'll wait about 6 mos or so....

Thanks!
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 5 of 12
John060675
Valued Contributor

Well, I am the lone voice on this.  I tried and was shot down a couple days ago, but at least I tried.  As long as you did not lie on your application, then a FR is not a problem. 

Why not go for it:?  What is the worst that can happen?  They say no, that is it. 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@John060675 wrote:
As long as you did not lie on your application, then a FR is not a problem.

You apparently have never visited CB. There are a few people that say that didn't lie on the app and were still F/Red and had their accounts either closed or got a massive CLD.

Being honest on an app with AMEX has almost nothing to do with successfully passing an F/R. They don't ask you for pay stubs, they ask you for permission to contact the IRS to view tax return data.
Message 7 of 12
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

If I were you I would wait a couple of months, especially to give yourself time to raise your FICO scores, which may increase your chances of getting a CLI.
Message 8 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

turninganewleaf wrote:
I was approved for the AMEX Delta Gold card with a CL of $1K 9/12/07.  I converted to Blue Cash which took effect 10/3.  I called AMEX to determine which date I would be eligible for a CLI and was 10/12 (today). 

Should I go for a CLI?  I was going to go for $5K.  My only hesitation is that I'm applying for a home mortgage  next month and don't want a hard pull for the CLI?  Would it be a hard or soft pull?  Would a soft pull hurt me enough that I should wait on a CLI until after loan approval?

Soft pulls do not affect scores and Amex has never harded me for a CLI.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the Amex delta gold for about 45 days, started off with $2000, just got an increase to $6000, available in 15 minutes.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.