cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I increase my Discover secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I increase my Discover secured?

@tothephonebooth wrote:

I called today and decided to increase it to $2000. I view it as a headstart for having a larger unsecured limit later on. Plus 7 months will be this October so I doubt they'll be holding on to it long before it graduates (fingers crossed). 

Makes sense if that fits your plan. I took the opposite approach with Discover. I wasn't sure how long they would keep it secured, but I wasn't sending them any more money than was absolutely necessary. No reason to go over that not knowing how long the funds would be tied up with them. For me, I defined that amount as what limit I need to easily hit the $1500 every quarter (if it's a good quarter, as it has been a lot lately). I settled on $400.

It graduated, but no CLI. That's fine. Until then, I'll keep sending Citi and Chase the majority of my business. If Discover wants any of that business other than 5% rewards stuff, they are welcome to increase my CL. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.