cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I join the garden club or whatever it's called?

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I join the garden club or whatever it's called?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Go to the Garden!  Don't walk.  RUN!

DITTO!!

Message 11 of 21
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

EX has minimal, that one has been on freeze since 2012. Just checked it today, it had maybe 10 but they were all really old. EQ probably has a million. Depressing.

Message 12 of 21
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Go to the Garden!  Don't walk.  RUN!

+1

I think there's a bullet train you can catch that drops you at the gate 

Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 21
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Omg 42 inquirys! Maybe their is some type of rehabilitation center for addict credit card applicants. lol

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 14 of 21
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@mgs2010 wrote:

I mean, I do shop at all the stores I have cards at. maybe not as often as one should to justify needing their card. I just like getting new cards. Advice taken, I'll run to the garden. How long do people generally stay there? what can you guys recommend for me? stay there for 2 years until all my inquiries are off? LOL that probably won't happen but I can sure try.

I'd aim for a year, if I were you.  The accounts will age and the effect of all the INQs will go away by then.  I'd say, bare minimum, you should stay 6 months.

Your aim I think would be to manage these accounts.  I wouldn't close any, but you might decide that you don't need to use some CC very often or at all.   There are some people on here with A LOT more accounts, though.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Don't be depressed. You've asked for help and we would love to assist you with your apping urges. We can have you monitored by our friendly but feisty ERT'S, add a few enhancements -myjourney get 'em ready- and keep you motivated.

All you have to do is say..yes, I want to garden.
Message 16 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Don't be depressed. You've asked for help and we would love to assist you with your apping urges. We can have you monitored by our friendly but feisty ERT'S, add a few enhancements -myjourney get 'em ready- and keep you motivated.

All you have to do is say..yes, I want to garden.

OP

Come along peacefully 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 21
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

LOL!!!!! I surrender! take me to the garden NOW...but make sure you bring a chain or something so I don't escape.

Message 18 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

LOL!!!!! I surrender! take me to the garden NOW...but make sure you bring a chain or something so I don't escape.

We have those too LOL 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 21
trying583
Established Member

I think it's amazing you got all that credit after a bankruptcy.  Don't get yourself in trouble again.  I won't app for at least a year and maybe try for some prime cards after your current cards age.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.