Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I keep my BBRZMC?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Should I keep my BBRZMC?

My CL has stayed at $300 for the past 3 years and although i have asked on many occasions, I never got a CLI.

I recently got an AMEX Zynx and a Platinum (hello backdating). Although I know that they are charge cards with no CL, they still do count as a credit card. I have come to the conclusion that the BBRZMC will not grow with me. Two weeks ago was the last time I asked for a CLI and was given the same BS line even though I spoke to a supervisor.

Should I cut my losses or keep it until I get a credit card with a decent CL?

AF is 59/yr

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Should I keep my BBRZMC?

I personally wouldn't hold onto a card with a 300$ CL and a 59 AF.  I would close it as it serves no real purpose anymore, and more than likely will never grow. JMO

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently cancelled mine.

I was sick of no CLI and the $59 AF.

I was stuck at $750 forever. I think it has been more than 7 years.

I have cards with 10k CLs....there is no way I am paying  fee for a 750CL.

Message 3 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

I have had minefor about 3.5 years and this card has never been late always PIF and stuck at $300 CL

I have asked maybe twice every year for a CLI but always shut down. They didnt even want to waive the $59 AF this year.

Maybe i should wait just before they put hte AF to cancel the card. That would be April of next year.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled mine right after the AF hit.

I called them and the only cooperation I ever received from them was to get them to remove the AF so I could close the card. LOL

I guess you could wait to close right before AF hits. HSBC doesn't like to show any love. They are very stingy with this card.

I have no regrets dumping them. The card will still report in good standing for the next 10 years as it closed in good standing without any balance.

Message 5 of 6
mindacid
Valued Member

In my opinion this card is a complete waste of time (and if you're paying an AF, of money).

I got it around April of 2010 with an initial CL of $300 (what a joke).  After about 6 months I received an auto CLI of $100, for a new CL of $400 (still a joke).

When the $59 AF was going to be due, I called to cancel.  Even then they wouldn't offer me a CLI.  Get rid of it. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.