My CL has stayed at $300 for the past 3 years and although i have asked on many occasions, I never got a CLI.
I recently got an AMEX Zynx and a Platinum (hello backdating). Although I know that they are charge cards with no CL, they still do count as a credit card. I have come to the conclusion that the BBRZMC will not grow with me. Two weeks ago was the last time I asked for a CLI and was given the same BS line even though I spoke to a supervisor.
Should I cut my losses or keep it until I get a credit card with a decent CL?
AF is 59/yr
I personally wouldn't hold onto a card with a 300$ CL and a 59 AF. I would close it as it serves no real purpose anymore, and more than likely will never grow. JMO
I recently cancelled mine.
I was sick of no CLI and the $59 AF.
I was stuck at $750 forever. I think it has been more than 7 years.
I have cards with 10k CLs....there is no way I am paying fee for a 750CL.
I have had minefor about 3.5 years and this card has never been late always PIF and stuck at $300 CL
I have asked maybe twice every year for a CLI but always shut down. They didnt even want to waive the $59 AF this year.
Maybe i should wait just before they put hte AF to cancel the card. That would be April of next year.
I cancelled mine right after the AF hit.
I called them and the only cooperation I ever received from them was to get them to remove the AF so I could close the card. LOL
I guess you could wait to close right before AF hits. HSBC doesn't like to show any love. They are very stingy with this card.
I have no regrets dumping them. The card will still report in good standing for the next 10 years as it closed in good standing without any balance.
In my opinion this card is a complete waste of time (and if you're paying an AF, of money).
I got it around April of 2010 with an initial CL of $300 (what a joke). After about 6 months I received an auto CLI of $100, for a new CL of $400 (still a joke).
When the $59 AF was going to be due, I called to cancel. Even then they wouldn't offer me a CLI. Get rid of it.