Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I keep my citi costco visa card?

tag
quizzert
Valued Member

Should I keep my citi costco visa card?

I'm a BOA platinum honors member and have both the premium and cash rewards card. Get 5.25% for gas, 3.5% for travel, dining and groceries including costco. 

Should I keep my citi costco card as am not using it anywhere? is it possible to convert to any other citi card? if yes, which one do you recommend?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Should I keep my citi costco visa card?

@quizzertwrote:

I'm a BOA platinum honors member and have both the premium and cash rewards card. Get 5.25% for gas, 3.5% for travel, dining and groceries including costco. 

Should I keep my citi costco card as am not using it anywhere? is it possible to convert to any other citi card? if yes, which one do you recommend?

If you aren't using your costco card and it does not benefit you then get rid of it. I don't know what product change options you may have with citi, but you can call in and ask them. If you don't have one maybe you can change it into the citi double cash card which is basically a 2% cash back card. Its a card that I would never waste an app on, but its a nice little no AF card and is ideal if someone wants to PC their current citi card to something else. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I converted an AA card to a Costco card after one year and a few days. Others have been told conversions into and out of Costco aren't possible. I'm not sure what mix of uninformed CSRs and changing policies is responsible for the different outcomes.

If you want cash back instead of travel points, I don't think Citi can offer a card with better rewards than what BofA offers you.

I like my Costco card for the extended warranty and price protection perks.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14wrote:

I converted an AA card to a Costco card after one year and a few days. Others have been told conversions into and out of Costco aren't possible. I'm not sure what mix of uninformed CSRs and changing policies is responsible for the different outcomes.

If you want cash back instead of travel points, I don't think Citi can offer a card with better rewards than what BofA offers you.

You and I both know Citi's reps are probably the dumbest in the industry. 

No offense to anyone who works for Citi, but it's true. 

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14wrote:

From what I've picked up reading various threads a PC to the Costco Visa seems to be a possibility (YMMV), but I don't recall seeing anybody being able to PC away from it to another product. 

As with many things credit this could very well be YMMV, or possibly I've missed a data point.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.