cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I let $32,000 Balance Report on AMEX for "High Balance" reporting Long-Term?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I let $32,000 Balance Report on AMEX for "High Balance" reporting Long-Term?

Are you 100% sure on no score changes on reporting a balance?  Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post. I've had +19, -13 point swings on EQ/TU/EX depending on how much my Amex balance changed month-to-month.  (tried to post a screenshot of it for reference, but not sure how to do it on this forum)

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I let $32,000 Balance Report on AMEX for "High Balance" reporting Long-Term?

From my experience, its different with our AMEX with regards to the Actual $ Spent and the $ amount reported in relation to high balance.

Last year we went to Europe and racked up about $12k throughout travel . . . paid it before balance reported.   However, CRs still show $6528 as my 'Largest Past Balance'.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy I dunno if I should be congratulated though . . . the costs are piling up.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my fiance and can't wait to get this thing started . . . but I never knew flowers - FLOWERS - could cost as much as a used Mini Cooper Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 23
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Are you putting this on a charge card? Charge cards do not report util.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE/RESULT: Should I let $32,000 Balance Report on AMEX for "High Balance" reporting Long-Term?

Just a quick Update, hopefully this is helpful to someone in the future:

So I let AMEX report a $50, 789 balance.

As expected, ZERO affect on the score of all three reports when it was reported.  Zero affect when it was paid in full the same month.  The only difference is that it shows 'high balance' of $50,789 which, as another member mentioned earlier, may help when requesting for card upgrade.

Thanks to all for the helpful advice!

Message 15 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: UPDATE/RESULT: Should I let $32,000 Balance Report on AMEX for "High Balance" reportin

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick Update:

So I let AMEX report a $50, 789 balance.

As expected, ZERO affect on the score of all three reports when it was reported.  Zero affect when it was paid in full the same month.  The only difference is that it shows 'high balance' of $50,789 which, as another member mentioned earlier, may help when requesting for card upgrade.

Thanks to all for the helpful advice!

Thanks for the update.  How's married life?

Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, 50k wedding, that's crazy.
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, 50k wedding, that's crazy.

Good way to meet CC spend for churn funded honeymoon. Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have spread out that expense into a major app spree. Imagine the signup bonus!!! Could have funded the entire honeymoon.

I would have done the "around the world" honeymoon.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would have spread out that expense into a major app spree. Imagine the signup bonus!!! Could have funded the entire honeymoon.

I would have done the "around the world" honeymoon.

Love this idea. So much churn, so little time.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.