Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I or Shouldn't I?

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Should I or Shouldn't I?

You're pre-approved for the American Express® Rewards Plus Gold Card. Enjoy extraordinary Card benefits in addition to the benefits your current American Express Card offers. Apply now and pay no annual fee for the first year.

Is this card worth the annual fee? What do you guys think. I currently have the Blue Cash with a $5500 limit and they won't increase it. What to do???

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I or Shouldn't I?

it does have an annual fee. however to get full benifit from the instant history, i would (and am) waiting until january to app the plat.

good luck whatever you decide.

Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it does have an annual fee. however to get full benifit from the instant history, i would (and am) waiting until january to app the plat.

So you are willing to pay that annual fee for just creditsecure?   Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My suggestion, stay away from it. Amex is a strange beast and never know how they react.
Message 4 of 8
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I agree with concorduser. Amex has been very unpredictable lately.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 8
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
My suggestion, stay away from it. Amex is a strange beast and never know how they react.

The devil is in the details.  Have had an original Amex Gold Card since 1980 which has morphed into the Gold Rewards Plus card.  Have never had a problem with Amex (now with three personal and one corporate account with large CL's).  Use it sanely and you'll get on fine; try to play Amex for a patsy and you'll get hammered as they are smarter than you.  Your choice.
Message 6 of 8
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Well... I am thinking of going for it. I have had my Blue Cash for a long rtime & I use it for all my bills, I use the Amex Bill pay, & PIF every month. I really have no balances on all my other CC's. does this card repot CL or is this one of those that just reports what you use.?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you are willing to pay that annual fee for just creditsecure?   Smiley Very Happy

lo, no. we fly about once a month and i really want that lounge access.

i plan on getting the plat and likely letting the blue go. i think i will get my fee back 1 vodka at a time in quick order.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.