Should I pc the unicorn?

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Re: Should I pc the unicorn?

@thom02099 wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:
I honestly don't mind spending what's amounts to $2 a month for a NPSL Amex charge card, a cup of Starbucks cost more then that lol, and it's nice knowing that in an emergency of some sort, I have to charging power of charging $30000-40000 on the spot, that's worth the $25 af, im just hoping they do something with it cause once you pc out you can't go back, I guess I'll hold it some more and see what happens.

true, the part that scares me (for people with unicorns) is that once u PC there's no turning back.

But on the bad side, the Zync points aren't really worth anything at all. So kind of a toss up.

Another option is save up a bunch of points on the Zync, and when the day comes when you want to redeem a big trip, you can PC to Green/PRG or something.

If you have another charge card, they convert from MRE to MR points.  At least mine did, since I have a Gold card as well.  Was shocked to see that the MRE points I had accumulated with the Unicorn counted toward my MR points. 

Another reason to maybe consider another AMEX charge card? 

Exactly. I mentioned this and as long as OP doesn't mind having two AF cards and only using one of them, then this is yet another option.

Message 21 of 33
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:
@SuperKirby that's probably the best way to go, I'm probably eventually gonna get the prg any way Smiley Happy I just love my unicorn lol

Lol, who doesn't?! This sounds funny but i wish i saw the Unicorn in real life, every keeps talking about how unique it looks.

That's probably the cheapest way to build up Membership Rewards points. Then when you want that big international trip or premium cabin flight, PC or just apply seperately for the Green/PRG (but then you have two annual fees, lol) and your Zync points become true MR points.

@SuperKirby lol, IMO it really is a nice card, classic amex charge card look but its white and has these little sparkles in it all over with raised silver numbers and name, just a really nice card 

OT here, but another card i wish I saw in real life was the Amex Clear. I was young and I applied for one but was denied. The TV ads made it look so nice!

I also have a Clear/Phantom to go with the Zync/Unicorn ! ! !   The Clear card served it's purpose when I got it, but like the Unicorn, it's benefits have been decimated.  I cling to it, however in hopes that, like the Unicorn, the Phantom will be "restructured" and brought back to life ! !

And yes, it real life it looks even better than the pics/TV images. 

Message 22 of 33
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:
@SuperKirby that's probably the best way to go, I'm probably eventually gonna get the prg any way Smiley Happy I just love my unicorn lol

Lol, who doesn't?! This sounds funny but i wish i saw the Unicorn in real life, every keeps talking about how unique it looks.

That's probably the cheapest way to build up Membership Rewards points. Then when you want that big international trip or premium cabin flight, PC or just apply seperately for the Green/PRG (but then you have two annual fees, lol) and your Zync points become true MR points.

@SuperKirby lol, IMO it really is a nice card, classic amex charge card look but its white and has these little sparkles in it all over with raised silver numbers and name, just a really nice card 

OT here, but another card i wish I saw in real life was the Amex Clear. I was young and I applied for one but was denied. The TV ads made it look so nice!

I also have a Clear/Phantom to go with the Zync/Unicorn ! ! !   The Clear card served it's purpose when I got it, but like the Unicorn, it's benefits have been decimated.  I cling to it, however in hopes that, like the Unicorn, the Phantom will be "restructured" and brought back to life ! !

And yes, it real life it looks even better than the pics/TV images. 

envy.... Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 33
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Wow, keep the card! Your only looking at $25 a year which is nothing in the grand sceme of thngs. Right now my only AF card is the Green and CSP. When it gets closer to my 12 months, I'm going to PC to the Senior Green or Zync if it comes back. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:
I honestly don't mind spending what's amounts to $2 a month for a NPSL Amex charge card, a cup of Starbucks cost more then that lol, and it's nice knowing that in an emergency of some sort, I have to charging power of charging $30000-40000 on the spot, that's worth the $25 af, im just hoping they do something with it cause once you pc out you can't go back, I guess I'll hold it some more and see what happens.

If it was an emergency and you had the cash, couldn't you just use a cheque? It's your money, so obviously it's up to you, but I just don't get the allure of this card. Blue has Membership Rewards if people want them and no annual fee.

Message 25 of 33
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

If it was an emergency and you had the cash, couldn't you just use a cheque? It's your money, so obviously it's up to you, but I just don't get the allure of this card. Blue has Membership Rewards if people want them and no annual fee.

That's all fine and dandy if you carry checks. At least with this approach, you have additional time before the statement cuts to pay Amex back. (Providing your statement isn't cutting soon)

Message 26 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

That's all fine and dandy if you carry checks. At least with this approach, you have additional time before the statement cuts to pay Amex back. (Providing your statement isn't cutting soon)

Well no one carries cheques these days, do they? I was seeing it as an emergency such as a hospital visit where you didn't need to pay instantly. Other than that I don't know what type of emergency could cost that much. I understand the float time, as I do it myself. However, doesn't this card earn rewards that are less than the usual rewards? If so, you're not really getting all that you could.

Message 27 of 33
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

100% right, im not gonna carry a check with me for one, second like you said, you have at least 30 days to pay back even more if your mid cycle and guys, this card still has membership rewards express points, and remember, I know some of you dont like AF but at $2 a month/$25 a year I just dont see what the fuss is about the AF!

its cheaper then a pack of cigarettes!!! lol

Message 28 of 33
GOldfishes
Contributor

The AF for Green at $8/month is still less than a pack of cigarettes here in NY Smiley Happy

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 29 of 33
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@GOldfishes wrote:

The AF for Green at $8/month is still less than a pack of cigarettes here in NY Smiley Happy

damn, and half the toll for the verrazano lol... anyways, when you start looking at the AF's that way in other words like what it is per month, you realize its not that bad, I mean, even the PRG at $14.50 a month is still not a bad deal no?

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.