Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I plan to combine 2 Cap 1 cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I plan to combine 2 Cap 1 cards?

I currently have a QS MC with $4300 and a new QS Visa with $2000. The new card has 0% until October. Neither have an AF. I also have a Barclay Rewards ($500) a BoA ($500) and a Disco IT on the way ($1000) I expect at least one CLI on the new QS before the intro APR expires. The older MC is about 2 years older. 

After I get through the intro APR, should I consider combining them? Is there any benefit besides convinience? Is it worth having an MC and Visa version? I do not plan to get any other cards between now and then, so I would go from 4 to 3 for what it's worth.  The APR's are within 0.09% currently. I'm stil new to this, so unsure of the potential benefits.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I plan to combine 2 Cap 1 cards?

Combine. Better to have a single higher credit line than 2.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I plan to combine 2 Cap 1 cards?

The question is, is it worth it for you since you are the only one who knows your spending habit?  Like the above poster said, combine it as big limits begets again big limits should you apply for another card in the future.

To get higher limits on cards, creditors want to see some experience handling big limits and this might be your opportunity to get to that next stage.  Also, most creditors use your current credit limits to determine what your new credit limit should be when you apply for a new card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.