Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I re-open account?

tag
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Should I re-open account?

I had a Firestone charge account through Credit First that I opened 1998 and the account was in good standing, according to my CR's.  The account shows closed by consumer.

Would it hurt me or help me to inquire about re-opening this account if they could leave the aging as 1998 - how do I properly ask this? 

One other thing, I'm considering applying for a home loan in a couple of weeks so that may influence my decision to wait. 

The only other CC's I have is a new AMEX and Target card (Sept '07), was approved in Sept for an Orchard card but didn't activate and I closed the acct, and a year + old car loan and Chevron CC, all these accounts are in good standing.  So, my good closed accounts are old and are slowly dropping off.

What do you suggest?
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I re-open account?

Well, I answered my own question.  My account is so old that it can't be pulled up in their system by my SSN#, said it's most likely been purged.  Darn!  Oh well....
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I re-open account?

if you are that close to applying for home loans, I wouldn't do ANYTHING else... they dont want to see other inquiries.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.