Regular Contributor
turninganewleaf

Should I re-open account?

I had a Firestone charge account through Credit First that I opened 1998 and the account was in good standing, according to my CR's.  The account shows closed by consumer.

Would it hurt me or help me to inquire about re-opening this account if they could leave the aging as 1998 - how do I properly ask this? 

One other thing, I'm considering applying for a home loan in a couple of weeks so that may influence my decision to wait. 

The only other CC's I have is a new AMEX and Target card (Sept '07), was approved in Sept for an Orchard card but didn't activate and I closed the acct, and a year + old car loan and Chevron CC, all these accounts are in good standing.  So, my good closed accounts are old and are slowly dropping off.

What do you suggest?
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Regular Contributor
turninganewleaf

Re: Should I re-open account?

Well, I answered my own question.  My account is so old that it can't be pulled up in their system by my SSN#, said it's most likely been purged.  Darn!  Oh well....
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Should I re-open account?

if you are that close to applying for home loans, I wouldn't do ANYTHING else... they dont want to see other inquiries.
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}