Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I recon???

tag
brittany15213
Established Member

Should I recon???

I applied for two cards before I went to the garden that I was denied for, BofA cash rewards and Discover IT. I dont know if I would have a good chance at a recon I have missed payments with both of those companies back from 2009 Discover was closed and BofA is still open but it is a Student Card. I would like to get back on with both of the companies in good standing I dont know if my recon would be more successful considering I have had an account with them before. Only other baddie I have is a paid collection from 09. My scores are current below. I cant remember but I think my denial letter said to many recent inquiries but nothing about bad remarks...TIA!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I recon???

It doesn't hurt to try. You already took the HP.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 15
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

My opinion, the missed payments may make it tougher, but you already took the inquiry, so it cant hurt to call and explain your current situation. As long as they do not try to do another inquiry on you, you have nothing to lose by trying.
Message 3 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
It doesn't hurt to try. You already took the HP.

Good luck.

+1 

You will never know unless you try...always always always recon you've already paid the price!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You've got nothing to lose, you've already taken the hit.  I think your chances are better with Discover than BOA though.  As long as you paid back Discover and it wasn't charged off I think you have a decent shot.

Message 5 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

You've got nothing to lose, you've already taken the hit.  I think your chances are better with Discover than BOA though.  As long as you paid back Discover and it wasn't charged off I think you have a decent shot.

I agree I would give it a shot, Good luck!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 15
agent_bob
New Contributor

like everyone prior to me has said, recon! you have lots to gain if all goes well.
let us know how it goes!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 7 of 15
brittany15213
Established Member

I did the recon on both yesterday was still denied Smiley Sad I will reapply in 6 months after spending my current BofA card a little bit to show them I am responsible with it. It was currently paid off so I havent had a chance to spend it yet. BofA senior credit analyst asked me a lot of questions wanting me to explain my credit report to him but I guess my answers werent good enough and the discover person just asked me about income and said I was denied again but I didnt get an inquiry so idk...better luck next time

Message 8 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You didn't get an INQ at all from Discover?  If so it sounds like you are blacklisted, and that's not easy with Discover.  I'd find you old paperwork and verify it was paid off with them.

Message 9 of 15
brittany15213
Established Member

I got an inquiry the first time I applied. I only missed three payments with them they closed the card but I still have online access to the account and it says $0

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.