cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I remove my AU status on card that is my oldest credit account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I remove my AU status on card that is my oldest credit account?

I am an AU on my mother's Lowes card. It is a 9 year old account. I filed CH 7 almost 2 years ago, so my oldest credit card account is only 1.5 years. My AAoA is 1 years 9 months. The Lowe's card carries a 3k balance and uti is at about 33%. I am wondering if that is hindering my score at all. Would it be more beneficial to remove me an as AU or do more damage? My uti is under 3% for my cards, but with the Lowe's included, my overall uti sits around a 7. I know that still isn't terrible, but I would like to do whatever will benefit me the most.

2 REPLIES 2
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I remove my AU status on card that is my oldest credit account?

what other accounts are on your report? 9 years plus 1.5 years does not avg out to 1.9 years...

7% uti does not harm your score in any way. Its the bk 7 that is harming your score. I would leave the Lowe's account alone. 

Plus, off I remember correctly, Fico 8 does not count AU accounts as part of your uti. If I'm wrong about this I'm sure somebody will correct me.

Best credit wishes to you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I remove my AU status on card that is my oldest credit account?

Lots of new accounts. App happy regret per usual. Too bad I wasn't more involved in these boards sooner!

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

what other accounts are on your report? 9 years plus 1.5 years does not avg out to 1.9 years...

7% uti does not harm your score in any way. Its the bk 7 that is harming your score. I would leave the Lowe's account alone. 

Plus, off I remember correctly, Fico 8 does not count AU accounts as part of your uti. If I'm wrong about this I'm sure somebody will correct me.

Best credit wishes to you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.