Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I request a CLI from BofA?

tag
valtamirano
Established Member

Re: Should I request a CLI from BofA?

Well folks, I gave them a call yesterday and put in the request for a $10,000 credit limit. They ended up countering with a $2.9 k CL. I took the offer, even though it's a pretty stingy one in my opinion.

Has anybody ever called their back door number and requested for a recent CL request to be reviewed?
As of August 2017:
TU - 796 -- EQ - 761 -- EXP - unkn -- FICO - 787

Credit Limits:
Chase Sapphire Reserve - $34.4K -- Discover Platinum - $3.5K -- BoA Cash Rewards - $1K -- Amex Delta Gold - $9.7K -- Amex BCE - $6.6K -- WF JA - $6.2K -- Fidelity Inv. Rewards - $7K -- Mesa Money - $9.4K -- Lord&Taylor - $1.5K -- Best Buy - $3.5K -- Citi DoubleCash - $5.2K -- Citi Forward - $3.5K -- Sunglass Hut - $2K
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@valtamirano wrote:
Well folks, I gave them a call yesterday and put in the request for a $10,000 credit limit. They ended up countering with a $2.9 k CL. I took the offer, even though it's a pretty stingy one in my opinion.

Has anybody ever called their back door number and requested for a recent CL request to be reviewed?

I have never done it but you can call the back door number for Sr. Analyst to recon it.

Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Wild considering you have a 34k CSR in your siggy?  Am I missing something is that an AU card?  or combined?  Needless to say wonder why the CLI was so low?  How is your DTI looking if you don't mind me asking.?

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wild considering you have a 34k CSR in your siggy?  Am I missing something is that an AU card?  or combined?  Needless to say wonder why the CLI was so low?  How is your DTI looking if you don't mind me asking.?

also what is your APR on the card???  Ask for apr reduction. Google myfico backdoor, call sr credit analyst, and recon the request.  You have to realize, its the first time you've ever asked for an increase, that may have something to do with it too. I mean heck my first boa card was 2100 limit 23% APR....now its 25k and 16%....

Maybe you should apply for the merrill+ on the phone if you want $500 cash or up to $1000 in flights, plus 0 for 12 on a bt?

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive had a few of mine not be huge. But then again, my income plays apart. Im with CC in if you have that big limit from Chase suprising Boa didnt give more. I know banks dont have to match as i often say but this might be a good chance to recon with a senior credit analyst. At least it moved up so thats positiveSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
valtamirano
Established Member

Sorry about the delayed reply, life happened. I don't want anybody thinking I'm ignoring their questions. Smiley Happy

With regards to my CSR, I am the primary account holder and do actually have an AU on this account. We share the CL. Last I checked (approx. 3 months ago), my DTI is about 15%. Very rarely do I ever carry balances, unless I am given a promo APR.

I did end up getting a letter in the mail from BofA giving their reasoning behind their low CLI. Turns out I don't spend enough on the card to justify them giving me a higher CL than what they countered with. I can see their point and reasoning, however I don't use it much more than my gym membership because I can't really charge much on that card without using at half of my CL. I suppose I could put a bit more use on it.

Given that it's been almost 2 weeks since my CLI request, do you folks think it's too late to call the backdoor number?

I would have done it earlier, but work and family these past weeks has made it difficult to make a simple call. Smiley Wink

As of August 2017:
TU - 796 -- EQ - 761 -- EXP - unkn -- FICO - 787

Credit Limits:
Chase Sapphire Reserve - $34.4K -- Discover Platinum - $3.5K -- BoA Cash Rewards - $1K -- Amex Delta Gold - $9.7K -- Amex BCE - $6.6K -- WF JA - $6.2K -- Fidelity Inv. Rewards - $7K -- Mesa Money - $9.4K -- Lord&Taylor - $1.5K -- Best Buy - $3.5K -- Citi DoubleCash - $5.2K -- Citi Forward - $3.5K -- Sunglass Hut - $2K
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.